Guam

Guam
Just a beach

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick Newsflash

In the past months so much has happened. Slowly teaching is improving day, by day. Although I came here with no experience, - . - through daily teaching I definitely understand better how difficult, how challenging teaching is, how rewarding it is, but also I question a bit now if it is the way I should walk in this life.

Regarding the faith. Wow. Let's see back in April I started to go to OEM, Onnuri English Ministry. And within the first month, the series of sermons they started then on Romans 12 was exceptionally encouraging and convicting. In whole I understand better what it really means to be a Christian.

For the sermons I heard. The link below is the Pastor I have been listening to each Sunday. He is exceptionally encouraging but also convicting. He really challenges us to not be Sunday Christians, but to truly live out our life for Christ. As Romans 12: 1-2 (Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.) Basically what struck me most was - if we surrender our life to God, then and only then can God show is good, pleasing and perfect will in our lives.

http://www.eddiebyun.com/sermons.html

So for some time I was filled with that fire.

But recently to be honest, the fire has been dying, the consuming fire of that time in me, the passion I had has been smoldered. But through this trial, this time of doubt - the deepest I have ever had I have learned that as Thomas A. Kempis says

But the man who is wise and whose spirit is well instructed stands superior to these changes. He pays no attention to what he feels in himself or from what quarter the wind of fickleness blows, so long as the whole intention of his mind is conducive to his proper and desired end. For thus he can stand undivided, unchanged, and unshaken, with the singleness of his intention directed unwaveringly toward Me, even in the midst of so many changing events. And the purer this singleness of intention is, with so much the more constancy does he pass through many storms. (Chapter 33, Book 3 - Internal Consolation)

It is interesting that even though there was doubt of God. Months ago when I felt I received a mission from God -that dream - there was no doubt. :) I must keep going, for though there is doubt in all of our lives, our faith (however little of it) must drive us to keep going.

I have also read (A Little History of the World by E.H. Gombrich) It was the most interesting history book I have read, and it does a concise but informative overview of the world. I suggest all of you pick it up.

That's it for now. Hopefully it won't be months until the next post. >.<





No comments:

Post a Comment