Guam

Guam
Just a beach

Friday, April 1, 2011

Life has just been the same the last couple weeks here in Korea. School is getting better and better, although sometimes class time is still plagued with confusion, and thus my guilt for having not better prepared or thought about the lesson for the day. But day by day, things are getting better, and the children are becoming more and more responsive to the English lessons.

*****
Working at a preschool brings its tiny moments of enjoyment everyday, sometimes this takes the form of teachers discussing students' quirks and noticing their personality, but other times, it involves me posing to be a scary dinosaur behind a girl who unknowingly is the victim of the photograph. To make things more amusing this girl is let's just say, not accustomed an man teaching kindergarten, who can't understand or speak a word of her language. She is a sly little girl, being friendly and allowing me to help her, when the other teacher's are not around, but as soon as others are around she whines, and says she doesn't like me. Oh does she know how to get her way and manipulate everyone around here.

*****

I love Korean coffee shops. Whether it is Starbucks, or a small hidden coffee shop on a side street like Maru 62, each one creates spaces perfect for socializing, or sitting down with a good book. Most of the are quite quiet, and the patrons are respectful of each other. A favorite dessert now is honey butter bread with a ton of whipped cream on top. And with the sheer number of coffee shops, there is not too much of a competition for seats. Oh and the internet is never spotty.

*****
I love Paris Baguette because their cakes are delicious. I love 떡 복 이, I find myself craving this stuff more and more. I love BBQ Chicken, or any of the other chicken joints which are ubiquitous in Korea, for 15,000 Won, I can get a whole chicken, breaded and fried to perfection.

More later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment