Guam

Guam
Just a beach

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Wow it has been ten days since I have last posted, and the last ten days have been busy busy busy. But one thing that I find most interesting is the ease of going to the hospital here in Korea. At the sign of any cold symptoms, my coworkers run to the hospital. And within a few hours, they come back with medicine, or whatever treatment they need. It really makes me question, and see the reality of the health care system in the USA. In the US, to me the hospital is the last resort, I am willing to try anything to cure a sickness, whether that be flu, cold or some minor infection at home before I run to the hospital. I dread the calls ahead of time to make an appointment, I dread the long hours in the waiting rooms, knowing that the air you breathe puts you more at risk for being sick.
~~~
Church has been most refreshing spiritually and emotionally. The other night, after some frustrations at work - I went to church for prayer meeting. And in the small group prayer meeting, I feel that I experienced true fellowship with people I only met a month ago. During the time we were talking about 1st John, Chapters One to Three, and from what I heard from a translator - people were simply honest with their insecurities, their problems, there was trust I have never felt before, there was honesty I have never experienced before. Everyone was unified, everyone was sincere, everyone was true - and that just brought so much joy. What I experienced in that group - I have only experienced before with a few close friends privately. Never in such a large group. It is so encouraging.

~~~
More later........

1 comment:

  1. Yes, most hospital experience in the majority parts of Asia (Taiwan, Singapore, China) is like that. I remembered I only have to pay $3 per visit to a hospital since it is universal health care in Taiwan :D.

    ReplyDelete